Molde are playing Galatasaray at the Play-offs of Champions League on August 23.
Molde will be playing the match after a draw against Valerenga last Sunday in Eliteserien which extended their unbeaten streak to 3 matches. They’ve been defending properly in home games lately having 3 consecutive clean sheets playing as hosts.
Galatasaray are approaching the match in a good mood securing victories in 2 straight games against Trabzonspor and Olimpija extending their unbeaten streak to 6 matches. They have been flawless defensively having 5 consecutive clean sheets.
Molde have won 3 times (2-0 against KI Klaksvik on 16th of August, 2-0 against HJK Helsinki on 3rd of August and 0-1 against Stabek on 30th of July), lost once (2-1 against KI Klaksvik on 9th of August) and drew twice (0-0 against Valerenga on 20th of August and 2-2 against Sandefjord on 12th of August) in their most recent 6 matches.
Galatasaray have won 4 times (2-0 against Trabzonspor on 20th of August, 1-0 against Olimpija on 16th of August, 0-3 against Olimpija on 9th of August and 1-0 against Zalgiris on 3rd of August) and drew twice (0-0 against Kayserispor on 13th of August and 2-2 against Zalgiris on 26th of July) in their most recent 6 matches.
The Molde manager Erling Moe will be thankful to have no fitness concerns whatsoever coming into this match with a completely healthy group available to choose from.
Owing to an otherwise full-strength squad, there is only the sole fitness worry for the Galatasaray manager Okan Buruk to contend with. Wilfried Zaha (Unknown Injury) won’t be in action. The players ineligible for this match because of suspension are Ogulcan Caglayan, Christian Luyindama, Emirhan Kayar, Tetê, Alpaslan Öztürk, Hakim Ziyech and Lucas Torreira.
Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- This will be the first meeting between the two sides.
- Molde are on an 11-game unbeaten run at home across competitions. Their draw with Valerenga ended their 10-game winning streak in front of their fans.
- Galatasaray are unbeaten in six competitive games this season (four wins).
- Molde are unbeaten in eight UEFA Champions League home games (including qualifiers), winning five and keeping a clean sheet in each win.
- Galatasaray have won just one of their last 20 away games in the UCL, losing 15 (including qualifiers).
- Galatasaray have kept five clean sheets on the trot.